LeBow International Business Consulting:
Bucharest & Budapest
The international consulting residency course at Drexel LeBow offers students a unique combination of real-world consulting and international travel. In this class, students act as consultants to an international organization and experience international business firsthand.
Ten weeks of the course take place on campus, with student-client interaction facilitated virtually. During the final week of the course, students travel abroad on an international residency to present their final recommendations to the client in person. During the one-week international residency, students also participate in company visits and cultural experiences.
The client for this course is Autonom, Romania’s largest car rental company. Students in this course will identify customer segments, develop a marketing strategy, and assess social media practices.
At the end of the term, students will travel to Bucharest, Romania to deliver final presentations to Autonom executives and Budapest, Hungary to learn more about business in this region. Learn more about previous international consulting residencies here from the Dornsife Office for Experiential Learning.
Eligibility: Open to all undergraduate students at Drexel University. Priority will be given to pre-juniors, juniors, and seniors.
Credit: This is an international consulting course and residency. Students will be registered for MGMT 380 – International Business Consulting, 4 credits as part of their fall 2019 course load. The course will meet as a regular fall term course, taught by Professor Stacy Kline. The week after the term ends, (December 14-21, 2019), students will participate in an international residency to Bucharest, Romania and Budapest, Hungary to deliver their final recommendations to the client and participate in cultural activities.
Instructor: Professor Stacy Kline, Clinical Professor, Accounting
Arrival Date: December 15, 2019
Departure Date: December 21, 2019
- Sunday 12/15/19: Arrive in Bucharest, Romania; guided tour and welcome dinner
- Monday 12/16/19: Meet & greet with Autonom executives, business visits
- Tuesday 12/17/19: Final presentations with Autonom executives
- Wednesday 12/18/19: Group transfer to Budapest, Hungary
- Thursday 12/29/19: Academic and business visits in Budapest
- Friday 12/20/19: Academic and business visits and farewell dinner in Budapest
- Saturday 12/21/19: Depart from Budapest
*Schedule is tentative and subject to change
Due 7/22/2019 - Advance Payment of $500 + $25 application fee
Due 9/30/2019 - Final Payment of $1,290
*All payments are non-refundable unless declined admission or program cancels for unforeseen reasons.
Included in Program Fee:
--Hotel accommodations in Bucharest and Budapest
--Breakfast and Internet at hotel
--Welcome/Farewell group dinners
--Inter-country flight between Romania and Hungary
--Cultural and academic visits in Bucharest and Budapest
--In-country transportation for all activities on the itinerary
--Bus transportation between airports and hotels in Bucharest and Budapest
--Emergency travel assistance
Not Included in Program Fee:
--Regular Drexel tuition
--International flights (Flight recommendations will be provided)
--Passport and visa fees
--Hotel incidental charges
--$25 Study Abroad Application fee
- Visa: U.S. citizens may travel to countries within the Schengen Zone without visas. Students of other nationalities must check with your own embassies to confirm whether a visa is required for entry. The Dornsife Office for Experiential Learning will supply any supporting documents necessary for tourist visa applications.
- Contact: Kelsey Skic, Dornsife Office for Experiential Learning (email@example.com, 215-571-4516)